Today is World Pneumonia Day, Pneumonia is the biggest infectious killer of children and adults, claiming lives of millions of people. This year, world pneumonia day will be held during COP-26- the U.N. climate change conference.
Pneumonia is an inflammatory condition that primarily affects the lungs, caused by bacterial, fungal, or viral infection. Some symptoms include cough, fever, cold, chest pain, throat pain and difficulty in breathing. The treatments depend on the conditions that you are suffering from, basic to serious conditions.
According to Ayurveda, pneumonia is known as ‘Shwasanat Jwara’. Ayurveda helps us balance the three doshas, Vata, Kapha, and Pitta and in comparison, to other two doshas Kapha is the most aggravated dosha in this disease. According to Ayurveda,
· ‘Vihar’ (lifestyle) and ‘Ahar’ (food) causing an imbalance in Kapha imbalance should be avoided.
· One should reduce calorie intake to the minimum possible.
· Try eating more fruits and inculcate a fruit diet if possible.
· Wash your hands, face, and feet regularly to keep sanitation.
· Take plenty of rest and sleep.
Few home remedies to treat basic level Pneumonia by Ayurveda,
1. Mulethi (Licorice root)- Consumption of Mulethi helps aid lung infection and open the respiratory tract.
2. Ginger and Honey- Ginger is an amazing source for anti-bacterial and anti-fungal use. Extracting the juice from ginger and adding honey to it can help ease throat pain, and ease respiratory problems.
3. Fruits- citrus fruits have great antioxidant properties, which can help ease infections in our body.
4.Fenugreek- Fenugreek tea is recommended in Ayurveda to help ease congestion and treatments of many other diseases like Fever, Cold and cough. Especially, for mucus congestion, Fenugreek tea with a few drops of honey can do wonders.